Easy, elegant and delicious, this dish is perfect for a dinner party or patio supper. The lamb soaks up the lavender-infused marinade. The result is a tender and palate-pleasing main course.
1 4-pound boneless, butterflied leg of lamb
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon lavender buds
2 cloves of garlic, pureed
2. To ensure even cooking, make 1 inch slashes in 2 or 3 places at thickest part of the meat.
3. Rub 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the unboned side of the lamb. This side faces down in the baking dish.
4. Rub remaining olive oil along with the soy sauce, lemon juice, lavender and garlic puree onto the top side.
5. Marinate lamb for one hour.
6. Place in oven pre-heated to 375°F. Roast for 20 minutes or until temperature reaches 120°F.
7. Brush with olive oil, place under broiler for 7 minutes until the lamb is browned. Let sit for 8 minutes. Then cut into diagonal slices.